Experienced Help For Family Petitions

If you are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, you may be able to help your family member immigrate to the U.S. as their sponsor. The process, like everything within immigration law, is complex, governed by technical requirements and time-consuming. At The Law Office of Jorge Macias P.C., I can explain how this works and what is necessary to be successful.

Priority Dates And The I-130

You want to work with an experienced immigration attorney because the family visa process is almost always backlogged. This means if you begin the process on your own or with inaccurate advice, and your application is denied, you may have to start the process again.

This can be a problem, because your 'priority date' is based on when your I-130 is accepted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). There are hundreds of thousands of I-130s filed every year, and because of the backlog, denials due to mistakes can add months to the process.

Experienced Help For Family Immigration

I'm an experienced immigration lawyer, and I understand the technical requirements of the forms and where errors or mistakes can occur. I work to see that your I-130 (I-129F for fiance petition) is accurate and complete, and provides a strong basis for approval of your family member.

Categories of eligibility included in family immigration are:

  • Spouse
  • Children
  • Parents
  • Siblings
  • Fiance

Adjustment of Status

I can also help individuals who have received a visa to be in the U.S. and wish to apply for permanent resident status, also known as receiving a green card. The adjustment of status process is like everything else related to immigration law, complex, but I'm experienced helping individuals with this process to make it as efficient as possible.

Contact Me Today

Let me help you achieve the American dream. Immigration law is complex. You need an experienced guide. I offer free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose. I represent clients throughout Suffolk County, Long Island and New York City. Call my Hauppauge office at 631-892-4331 or use my online form.